Position available with Alliance For Children for a Clinical Therapist. The Clinical Therapist will be responsible for scheduling appointments and providing individual counseling services to child abuse victims and protective adult caregivers at their designated facility under general supervision of the Clinical Supervisor.
- Master's degree and LMSW, LPC-I, or LMFT-A in social work, counseling or related field: LCSW, LPC, LMFT preferred.
- Must be trained in TF-CBT and be knowledgeable of other EBP’s.
- Must possess strong communication and documentation skills.
- Must have two years of experience working with child abuse victims in a clinical setting.
- Must be comfortable leading or subbing for weekly groups.
- Must have valid driver's license and proof of liability insurance if driving for agency purposes.
- Must successfully complete annual criminal and civil background checks.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and present in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- Able to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure of deadlines.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Alliance For Children.
To apply, email resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position to HR@AllianceForChildren.org with “Clinical Therapist - Your Name” in the subject line. Questions specific to this position may be directed to Miché McLaughlin at MMclaughlin@allianceforchildren.org. No phone calls, please.
For a complete job description, click here.
Alliance For Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Interns who work at Alliance For Children not only work in a therapeutic setting, but can also be given the opportunity to work closely with law enforcement, the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office, and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. Internships are available through our Clinical and Family Advocate programs and are available at all of our Alliance For Children locations. Interns are accepted for fall, spring and summer semesters.
General Internship Requirements:
- All applicants must submit a resume, complete an application and provide three professional references.
- All interns must pass a criminal and CPS background check.
- All interns must be attending an accredited university seeking a degree in social work, counseling or related field.
- Students must be willing to work some evenings and weekends and be able to provide their own transportation among all six Alliance For Children locations.
- All interns will attend specific training for their placement as well as child sexual abuse prevention training prior to working with clients.
- Students must commit to one semester at Alliance For Children.
- Students must commit to 15 hours each week.
- Students will agree to participate in weekly supervision with their supervisor.
Clinical Internship Requirements:
- Applicants must be seeking a master’s level degree in social work, counseling or a related field.
- Students must have completed practicum and coursework in counseling theories prior to placement.
- Interns must be willing to work with clients of all ages in a therapeutic and/or group setting.
- Must attend a monthly Clinical Team meeting.
- Students must commit to two semesters at Alliance For Children.
To apply for a Clinical Internship placement, click here to fill out the Clinical Internship Application Questionnaire.
Family Advocate Internship Requirements:
- Applicants must be seeking at least a Bachelor’s level degree in social work, counseling or related field.
- Interns must be willing to participate in multidisciplinary staff meetings, observe and implement family needs assessments, provide case management services when needed, research local family resources, and learn crisis intervention techniques.
- Interns may also be asked to participate in community events, fundraisers, educational programs and other programs offered by Alliance For Children.