Stewards of Children
Stewards of Children is a revolutionary sexual abuse prevention training program that educates adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse, and motivates them to courageous action. The Stewards of Children program is designed for parents and organizations that serve children and youth.
The curriculum can be used by organizations that are:
- Seeking training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Wanting to make a difference in their community by educating adults about the protection of children.
- Needing to respond to insurance requirements regarding child protection.
The program includes:
- An interactive workbook for each participant containing the full program curriculum.
- A 1 ¼ hour video component integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing, with segments from the author of the curriculum and from professionals who interface daily with the problem of sexual abuse.
- Opportunity for discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents.
The Stewards of Children Program is presented by an Alliance For Children staff member and is approximately 3 hours. CEUs are available for social workers and licensed counselors. The cost of the training is normally $10.00.
Interested in attending a 2013 Stewards of Children presentation?
Alliance For Children will hold free child sexual abuse prevention training classes in April for Child Abuse Prevention month. To RSVP to any of the following dates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The training lasts 3 hours and we provide continue education to Teachers, LPC’s, Social Workers, and Law Enforcement.
To register for an upcoming Stewards of Children training class, please click on the date you would like to attend:
“Alliance For Children’s on-line training registration is made possible by a grant through the Community Foundation of North Texas”