Director of Finance
Position available with Alliance For Children for a full-time Director of Finance. This position provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization, supervises the finance department, and is the primary financial spokesperson for the organization. This position is a member of the senior management team. Activities include, but are not limited to, all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, securing of funding, and financial reporting.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance or related field required. Master's degree and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years direct accounting and nonprofit management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting, tax and audit requirements in accordance with GAAP.
- Knowledge of government regulations related to grants at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Successful completion of background checks, including criminal/CPS clearances.
To apply, send/email resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position to HR@AllianceForChildren.org subject line: 'Director of Finance'. Questions specific to this position may be directed to Martha Jones. No phone calls, please. For a full position description, click here.
Alliance For Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Interns who work at Alliance For Children not only work in a therapeutic setting, but can also be given the opportunity to work closely with law enforcement, the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office, and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. Internships are available through our Clinical and Family Advocate programs and are available at all of our Alliance For Children locations. Interns are accepted for fall, spring and summer semesters.
General Internship Requirements:
- All applicants must submit a resume, complete an application and provide three professional references.
- All interns must pass a criminal and CPS background check.
- All interns must be attending an accredited university seeking a degree in social work, counseling or related field.
- Students must be willing to work some evenings and weekends and be able to provide their own transportation among all five Alliance For Children locations.
- All interns will attend specific training for their placement as well as child sexual abuse prevention training prior to working with clients.
- Students must commit to two semesters (nine months) at Alliance For Children.
- Students must commit to 15 hours each week.
- Students will agree to participate in weekly supervision with their supervisor.
Clinical Internship Requirements:
- Applicants must be seeking a master’s level degree in social work, counseling or a related field.
- Students must have completed practicum and coursework in counseling theories prior to placement.
- Interns must be willing to work with clients of all ages in a therapeutic and/or group setting.
- Must attend a monthly Clinical Team meeting.
To apply for a Clinical Internship placement, complete Intern Application and submit your resume and references to Diana Davis.
Family Advocate Internship Requirements:
- Applicants must be seeking at least a Bachelor’s level degree in social work, counseling or related field.
- Interns must be willing to participate in multidisciplinary staff meetings, observe and implement family needs assessments, provide case management services when needed, research local family resources, and learn crisis intervention techniques.
- Interns may also be asked to participate in community events, fundraisers, educational programs and other programs offered by Alliance For Children.
To apply for a Family Advocate Internship placement, complete Intern Application and submit your resume and references to Lindsey Dula.