The Family Advocate Program at Alliance For Children help families with children that are confirmed victims of either physical or sexual abuse that can benefit from additional case management and/or counseling services, but do not qualify for continued services from Child Protective Services.
The Family Advocate Program offers free case management services to all families referred. Also offered free of charge is group counseling for confirmed child victims of sexual abuse and their protective parents who are residents of Tarrant County.
Families are referred to the program by at least one of our partner agencies, which include law enforcement, CPS, Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office, and Cook’s Children Medical Center.
Once referred to the program, a family completes an initial intake. Then, the family is assigned to a caseworker that can provide the following: needed resources to outside agencies, emotional support, and victim advocacy. Families are typically enrolled in the program for six months.
Services offered through FA Program:
• Group counseling for female sexual abuse victims ages 5-17
• Group counseling for male sexual abuse victims ages 5-13
• Group counseling for the protective parents
• Bilingual group counseling for protective parents
• Therapy Dog Program
• Backpack Program
• Holiday Assistance Program
• Court Accompaniment
• Assistance in filing for Crime Victims’ Compensation
• Referrals to outside agencies
• Liaison between families and partner agencies
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Internship Opportunities